You may have seen an email last week from Civica, our independent election provider, opening elections for two posts:
Deputy General Secretary
Both roles are open to nominations from you, the wider membership. Full details of the roles and how to submit your nomination can be found within the email from Civica Election Services. Nominations close at 11:59 p.m. Monday 25th September 2023.
In addition to the two posts within the executive team there are a number of current department and geographical representative posts which are also due re-election. these are:
Re-election this year given our 3 year term of office:
- Neil Wootton North East and Tech Ops
- Veronica Fiore South East and Major Projects
The following co-opted reps to be confirmed:
- David Topping Northern Ireland and BI
- Tracey Hughes MK (Commercial – Regional Directors)
In addition we have two vacancies which could be filled in any of the following areas:
- East & Central
- South West
- West & Wales
- Milton Keynes (Head office)
If you are interested an of the roles please e-mail us at email@example.com. You should be supported by one other member of the SA but in the first instance, we’re simply seeking expressions of interest.
You MUST submit a nomination if:
- your existing role as rep is due for re-election
- you wish to contest any of the roles due for re-election or confirmation following co-option,
- you are interested in becoming a rep to either fill any of the vacancies.
Nominations will close on Monday 25th September at midnight.
Any nomination received after this time will be excluded. We will report back on nominations and arrange any elections soon after the closure of nominations.
Should we receive more nominations than there are posts available in any particular region or department we may need to hold elections which will be organised digitally.